BURKHARDT+WEBER built the first transfer line in Europe in 1951 and introduced the world’s first NC-controlled machining centre in 1959 – at the time with punched tape control. BW was one of the pioneers in digital control technology, had the first true rack magazine and is to this day a world leader in tool magazine technology – often copied, never equalled, the automatic tool extension and many, many other developments that are typically BW.
Today, 250 employees continue this long tradition of producing large, high-precision and highly customised machining centres. Continuous training and use of the latest CAD and ERP systems ensure our technical edge.
Since 2012, BURKHARDT+WEBER has been part of Indústrias Romi S.A., Brazil’s largest machine tool manufacturer.
One tradition we maintain in particular: We are always open to suggestions from our customers, and improvements and special requests are successfully implemented with the greatest of motivation and expertise.
Phone +49 7121 315-0