Deciding on the right automation solution for your factory, process, application, and technical ability is crucial to the success of implementing automation. In this presentation, we will provide guidelines for manufactures, project teams, and engineering departments on the necessary steps to consider prior to purchasing automation. With so many choices for services and suppliers, the path to automation is complex. This presentation will provide direction, as users learn more about their own automation initiative and be able to decide if automation is right for their company.
- Preliminary decision criteria to consider for automation projects
- The process steps to follow prior to release of RFQ-The Advanced Manufacturing Process (AME)
- Available tools that can help eliminate risk in potential solutions
- Identifying process and technology risk, the decision making criteria, virtual validation, integrator selection, and specification development
- Integrator Selection Criteria
The use of automation by large manufacturers has been well documented over the years, but what about automation at small- and medium-sized companies? Go inside Factory Five Racing, Supreme Corporation, and Peterson Manufacturing and see how these shops automated material-removal and assembly processes with either the help of a robotics integrator RPT, or by acting on their own. Learn how decisions were made in automation justification, planning, implementation, training, and safety.
Workshop Price: $80.00 SME Members $100 Non-members