The Student Summit aims to create interest, excitement and an appreciation for manufacturing, as well as to build awareness with students and educators about manufacturing career pathways.
The EASTEC Student Summit allows students to explore exhibits of advanced technologies, talk with industry experts, see the latest manufacturing innovations, and meet local college and university representatives. Students will also have a chance to design and fly Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (Drones) with the help of Ten80 Education.
- Introduce students to the manufacturing industry as a prospective career pursuit
- Provide a high-level overview of advanced design and manufacturing technologies, materials, processes and applications
- Allow students to learn about how and why the technology is used, along with examples of interesting applications
- Provide students the opportunity to ask questions and interact with an industry mentor and see the technology firsthand on the EASTEC show floor
- Gain hands-on experience with product development models and the processes for making physical prototypes
- Obtain a basic understanding of the industry and career options
- Discover a different view of manufacturing
- Become excited to see additive manufacturing as an option
- Understand what engineers can do
BENEFITS TO EDUCATORS AND MENTORS
- Impact the future of the technology
- Influence future workforce
- Demonstrate industry knowledge and leadership